Saturday, September 25, 2010

Thoughts So Far

I have to say that I thoroughly enjoy this class every day we have it.  I am learning a lot from the content we discuss and from what Professor Kruse teaches us.  The concepts are very interesting and are something that I would never think about.  I mean, I'm sure I have thought about this kind of stuff before when I thought about teaching but I was never aware of it before I started this class.  I am realizing that I am starting to integrate the learning theories into my real life now as well.  I had a little fight with one of my friends and I had two options of dealing with it.  I could talk to her or I could write her a letter explaining how I felt.  Unfortunately, I chose to use the more abstract way of communicating and wrote her something.  I should have made it more concrete and talked to her instead of creating an abstract way to make her understand what was going on.  I like the way Professor Kruse makes us think about what we are learning and doesn't just stand there and lecture us.  I think the fact that he has us come to our own conclusions makes it more concrete for us and we believe it more because we have to think about it ourselves.  I always look forward to this class and I always learn walk out of the room having learned something.

4 comments:

  1. Sarah, I also enjoy our class most times. So it's nice to see that someone else does too. I think it's funny how the things I do on a daily basis can now sometimes be related to the learning theories we have talked about in class. It's kinda cool how we are all able to do that now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This class has been one that I've really enjoyed as well. I think this is because it is so different than your standard lecture, memorize and take a test type of class. I also enjoy that we aren't just being thrown facts and things to remember but Professor Kruse forces us to think and he doesn't just let us off the hook if we don't know an answer. I have actually enjoyed being asked different questions about what I'm learning because I feel that I'm actually understanding rather than just memorizing information.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's very interesting that you can now think about how you interact with your friend in that way. It seems like a lot of people are thinking more about how they do things in relation to concrete and abstract, CLT and SLT, etc. I still really haven't really gotten the hang of this quite yet, but I'm thinking about how I apply the learning theories in the classroom.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like your application of learning theories to your friendships! It's weird to see where they apply in your life where I've never seen them before, but I also think it makes learning more interesting and fun. The last part of you post is very true, I always walk out having learned something new and interesting. It's sort of like, "I wonder what it will be today..."

    ReplyDelete