Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Classroom Management

When considering classroom management there are a lot of things to think of.  I want to be respected and have the kids listen to me but I also want the kids to be able to talk to me.  The balance between these things is going to help with my classroom management.  I want to make sure I walk around the class so the kids don't have to focus on one spot all the time.  I also think that having them talk in groups will help them to keep each other on task.  Using the more knowledgeable peer will help them to listen to each other and if one person gets off task I think it will help to have their fellow student keep them focused.  Keeping a routine, such as a bell ringer, starting class on time/going all the way to the bell, and not springing things on them, will help keep them on task.  They have a set thing to do and expectations so they can keep themselves on task better.  Hopefully I can establish a sense of respect amongst my students so they are motivated to stay on task by themselves.  I don't want my students to have to "task switch" all the time because then they won't be able to put enough effort into the tasks to do them well.  All of these can be connected to learning theories.  Most of them are based in SLT, especially with the more knowledgeable peer.  Establishing a routine would fit in with CLT because I am establishing a schema for them.  I am also scaffolding them and adding on what they are already used to and making sure I add to that so they know how my classroom is run.  Walking around is BLT because I am causing a stimulus that they can respond to and won't be bored all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment